cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon Rebel XSI & Unversal Vivitar remote. How does it work? Tried everything...

dcotney
Apprentice

I have a Canon Rebel XSI digital camera and Universal Vivitar wireless sutter release. Tried everything and can not get it to work.

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Like a lot of the Amazon off brand gadgets, if you get it to work you are lucky.  Pretty much junk, IMHO.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. Are you sure its a Canon compatible item; they make different ones for different cameras.

2. Have you set the remote control mode.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@dcotney wrote:

I have a Canon Rebel XSI digital camera and Universal Vivitar wireless sutter release. Tried everything and can not get it to work.

If you can return it, then return it for a refund.  In the world of digital cameras, there is not such thing as a universal shutter release, anymore.  It used to a mechanical connection, which screwed into your shutter button, but not anymore.

Canon DSLRs use two different types connectors.  The Rebel series of camers use a smaller connector than ##D and #D models. Using a genuine Canon remote is always best.  I use a Vello intervalometer, made specifically for Canon.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements