cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I forgot the password connected to my Canon EOS Rebel T7

LilGem406
Apprentice

I switched iPhones and was trying to connect my new one to my camera via Camera Connect and I don't remember the password I used originally...Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Password? I have a notebook with about 8-10 pages of passwords.Some were only used once for an online auction for baseball jerseys. Others I ignore now. They are in a code that I'm the only one in Tennessee who knows it.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If you cannot find a record of your password (as indicated, it's a good idea to have passwords written or recorded somewhere), one thing you could do is make sure your new i-phone is set up as a new device i.e. a different name.  That should be considered a new device and you should be able to set up a new share to your camera.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its also possible to reset the network settings on the camera, which will treat a connection to a new device as new.

eos-rebelt7-1500d-wfim-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I agree.  You need to clear out the network connection to the old phone.  It only works with that phone’s MAC address.  You need to define a new connection to the new phone’s MAC address.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements