cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off auto sleep during livestream on EOS M50 Mark II

AaronHasMoney
Contributor

My EOS M50 Mark II camera keeps going to sleep while I am live streaming.  Is there a way to stop this from happening?  The camera has a dummy canon battery with direct connection.  We have the complete EOS webcam accessory starter kit for Canon M50. I have already disabled the power saving settings and all the settings i could find that youtube told me I should do, but it still doesn't solve my issue. I can stream for about 30 minutes without it turning off and properly working, but after that eos closes down i have to flick the camera off and then back on again to load it back up and i just really don't want to do that every 30 minutes or feel like i should have to do that after all the money i spent on these products to efficiently give me a better stream. A logitech camera i got for 60$ battery works better than this one and never shuts off. Any help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello AaronHasMoney,

Even when Auto power off is set to Disable, the screen will turn off after the time set in Display off although the camera itself remains on. Check that in your Power saving menu items.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

How are you connecting to the camera? 

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility 

When you use the Webcam Utility you should be connecting with a USB cable, and the camera should be in video mode.  I believe the camera also offers “Clean HDMI” output through its HDMI port.  

When the camera is properly connected and configured, I do not believe that it would be shutting off after 30 minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have used eos webcam utility 3 but it kept shutting off after 30 minutes i have all the proper cords installed the usb and a cam link hdmi usb plugged in with a power supply and dummy battery now i uninstalled the webcam utility and I'm having trouble re downloading it

I'm stuck on eos webcam utility1.cab after going through eoswebcamutility-win1.2.zip

@AaronHasMoney wrote:

I'm stuck on eos webcam utility1.cab after going through eoswebcamutility-win1.2.zip

Why?  The Windows Installer should be doing all of that housekeeping for you.

Are you following the installation and setup instructions at the link I provided?

yes i am

AaronHasMoney
Contributor

also when i try to use the elgato it just shows a battery and a pc image with a black background

AaronHasMoney
Contributor

eos will not re install after i keep trying to re install it nothing pops up even after i restart my computer there is nothing

You’re not supposed to see anything happen or a window open up.  The EOS Webcam Utility is a device driver, which basically means that it does not have a GUI.

Announcements