cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. Why does my camera say busy after I take a pic? Also Red assist light issue

platinummack
Contributor

Hi I have a canon eos m10 and I was wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the red flash light that comes on when I click the button to take a picture. Actually it does this in creative assist mode when I put it in hybrid mode the light goes away. Could that be the reason? Also there's no menu option to remove this list as I've seen other cameras have. Also when I take a pic, it says busy after each other shot? How do you remove that message?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Peter
Authority
Authority
Long exposure noise reduction turned on?

huh?I don't think so but where would I find out if that's on?

Like what menu option?

Thanks

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

That is processing the image and writing to the card. If it is taking a long amount of time, you might have some issues. Have you formatted the card lately?

I don't think I've formatted the sd card?

Do you do that first?

It's been recording pics and videos brilliantly so far?

SO not sure what the formattting would do?

Anyways if I need to format it, what do I need to do?

Someone said it could be a slow sd card , is this possible?

@platinummack wrote:

Do you do that first?

If you don't have a copy of your camera manual, you can download it  HERE
YOU SHOULD BE REFERRING TO YOUR MANUAL TO LEARN ABOUT YOUR CAMERA  AND FOR ANY ISSUES.

Formatting is different from deleting files.  When you store files on a data device, a thing called a FAT (File Allocation Table) records what is stored where on your device.  If you simply delete the files, the stored material remains: all that happens is that the first entries of the FAT table are emptied - basically offering the space for re-use.  When things are working well, the FAT table allows the existing material to be over-written. However, if  one keeps doing that corruptions can occur and your files may be damaged or lost and the card may be rendered unreadable.  So Formatting the card IN THE CAMERA is the most reliable way of clearing the card.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@Tronhard wrote:

@platinummack wrote:

Do you do that first?

If you don't have a copy of your camera manual, you can download it.  YOU SHOULD BE REFERRING TO YOUR MANUAL TO LEARN ABOUT YOUR CAMERA  AND FOR ANY ISSUES.

Formatting is different from deleting files.  When store files on a device a thing called a FAT (File Allocation Table) records what is stored where on your device.  If you simply delete the files the stored material remain, all that happens is that the first entries of the FAT table are emptied.  When things are working well, the FAT table allows the existing material to be  over-written. However, if  one keeps doing that corruptions can occur and your files may be damaged or lost and the card may be rendered unreadable.  So Formatting the card IN THE CAMERA is the most reliable way of clearing the card.

I remember when disk storage was smaller than it is today.  The concept of a FAT was merely known as a BAM, Block Allocaiton Map.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
All memory cards should formatted in the camera prior to first use. Only use full size memory cards. Do not use the card in the camera to store photos and videos

Make sure you buy the right type of card. Stick to major brand names, and avoid buying them on Amazon
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

What do you mean do not use them to store photos and videos

I don't get it?

Then how would I use my camera if I don't have a SD card(Mine is a major brand one btw Sandisk)

Do you mean to take pics/videos on the card but then immediatley transfer it and empty it?

Thanks

If you do a lot of saving and deleting to the card it can become fragmented - lots of little chunks of storage all over the card rather than huge blocks of free space. It takes longer to write to the card when it is filling up all those little chunks.

Formatting removes all the chunks and gives you a huge swath of free space.

Announcements