cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello! New here - New EOS Rebel T7 Owner

Nytefyre
Apprentice

Greetings from Colorado! I finally have a camera again! Picked up EOS Rebel T7 kit!!!! It’s been years since all of my equipment was stolen out of my car. Lesson learned. I can’t wait to see what I can do with this beautiful camera. It’s a heck of a lot fancier than the one that I use in photography school. Lol.

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and congratulations on getting some gear again!   I would strongly recommend watching the following video:
Canon R7 Tutorial Training Overview Set Up - Part 1 - Made for Beginners - YouTube.  It will make the transition much easier and help you get the most out of your camera.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you so much Trevor!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I bought the same thing. Look at the link provided. One thing that is to your advantage is to download the manual. Then start with some of the basics while using the camera to familiarize yourself with it. Example: I had a problem taking photos with lots of backlighting. After the fact, I found the settings to deal with the issue. Remember the manual is over 300 pages so some things won't be relevant at first.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements