cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Sigma Lens to a Canon Body.

Sams_cinematics
Apprentice

Hello community,

I had recently bought a sigma 60-600mm HSM sport lense but upon arriving I had realized that I had not ordered an adapter (thinking there was one). After hours of looking around, I couldn't seem to find an adapter that could put this lens on a Canon ti6 rebel body. 
            Does anyone know of, or could direct me to an adapter they have knowledge about that could make this work?

- Thank you for your time.   

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Generally you buy the version with the EF mount, so no adapter required. What mount is on the Sigma?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Sams_cinematics wrote:

Hello community,

I had recently bought a sigma 60-600mm HSM sport lense but upon arriving I had realized that I had not ordered an adapter (thinking there was one). After hours of looking around, I couldn't seem to find an adapter that could put this lens on a Canon ti6 rebel body. 
            Does anyone know of, or could direct me to an adapter they have knowledge about that could make this work?

- Thank you for your time.   

Welcome to the forum.

That lens comes in an EF mount. I suggest you return the one you have and get one with the EF mount. It's a $2K lens; why mess around with some sort of adapter, assuming there is one, when you can get a direct mount?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I had recently bought a sigma 60-600mm HSM sport lense but upon arriving I had realized ..."

... you bought the wrong lens.  As the others have said return it today and order the correct EF version of the lens.  It is a superb lens, BTW.  You will love it if you don't mind it dwarfing your T6i body.

Here is the correct model Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Canon EF. I just may have to order one for myself. I have the 150-600mm Sport and I love it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

" I had recently bought a sigma 60-600mm HSM sport lense but upon arriving I had realized ..."

... you bought the wrong lens.  As the others have said return it today and order the correct EF version of the lens.  It is a superb lens, BTW.  You will love it if you don't mind it dwarfing your T6i body.

Here is the correct model Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Canon EF. I just may have to order one for myself. I have the 150-600mm Sport and I love it.

I'm with your Ernie on this.  BOTH of those lenses are awesome units.  I have used them with my 5DsR, 5DIV, 7DII and R6 units (via adaptor) and they consistently do a brilliant job!  Also agree the OP must have ordered the wrong lens, or has picked up one second-hand, in which case they WILL need the Sigma adaptor.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements