Flash gun

MarkP
Apprentice

Can anyone confirm if the Sunpak PF30x works with the Canon EOS 750d? thanks

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

According to Sunpak website it is ETTL II compatible, so it should.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

MarkP
Apprentice

When I connect a Sunpak PF30x flashgun to my Canon EOS 750d I cannot get it to work, when I look at the setup it says inconpatable flash or its not switched on.. are there other settings I need to look at? thanks

@MarkP wrote:

When I connect a Sunpak PF30x flashgun to my Canon EOS 750d I cannot get it to work, when I look at the setup it says inconpatable flash or its not switched on.. are there other settings I need to look at? thanks

Even if (as John's information indicates) the unit is ETTL II compatible, it doesn't necessarily mean that that's its default setting. Make sure that its mode is actually set to ETTL or ETTL II.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks Bob and sorry I'm new to photography. When I go into Flash control the E-TTL 11 meter is set to Evaluate, the only other setting is Average.

Is this on the flash or the camera?

Do the pins on the foot of the flash match the connections on the camera? For Ettl-II it needs *all* of them, not just the big center one.

Do you get that error message when Sunoak is installed on camera, lock wheel tightened and Sunpak switched on?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

http://www.heritagecameras.co.uk/sunpak-pf30x-bounce-e-ttl-ii-dedicated-auto-flash-unit-for-early-ca...

This site states it's not compatible with later model cameras. Must be more than just ETTL II that needs to be complied with. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

MarkP
Apprentice
Thanks for your help everyone...looks like a need to save up and purchase a new one.

Just because it is ETTL II compatible is no indication it is Canon compatible.  It only means it will expose using the ETTL II standards.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements