cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Monitor "Live mode" with Rebel T2i

miketroj
Apprentice

Hi, I am setting up a Macro/Closeup setup w/ Rebel T2i. I want to view the shot setup on large External HDMY connected monitor. I can achieve this if I have dial on "Movie" mode, but as soon as i switch to any other modes the Live image on external monitor disappears.

I found this obscure reference: "Live View Function Settings

Here is where you adjust the Rebel T2i's Live View functions, which enable you to work with a real-time LCD display as you preview and compose your image. I'm going to provide detailed instructions for using Live View in Chapter 5, as some functions are controlled here, and some are set in the Custom Functions menus (described later in this chapter). You'll want to review the Live View section of Chapter 5 for detailed information on how to use the four settings you can make from this menu entry.

"

Anybody have an idea? It seams to be so basic a setup view live image on external monitor IN ANY MODE

Thanks for your help,

MikeTroj

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Just press the live view button. The one that looks like a camera.

Thanks for the suggestion, it only works in movie mode, and doesn't in any other modes

Thanks for the suggetion, it only works in movie mode, and doesnt in any other modes

You shouldn't have to, but did you "Enable Liveview shooting"?

Also, what do you mean by "doesn't work"? The live view image does not show up? You can't take a picture? the HDMI signal is not there?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements