cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Err61 on my EOS 6D

Nathan_Norwood
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm a high school student that likes to take photos for my friends on the basketball team. I need to connect m camera to my phone so I can send out the pictures quicker and more efficiently, but when I go to Wi-Fi function I see an error sign titled "err61" in the top left of my camera where I would select the phone icon. How can I fix this issue to get things operating like intended again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Nathan,

Does your transfer have to be done wirelessly?

Another option might be to tether your phone to your camera with a wired connection.

Your manual should tell you what kind of USB cable you need. You'll also probably need a short cable to go from the end of the USB cable to your phone.

I have an Android phone and use an OTG (on the go) cable.

If you have an iPhone, you might need a Lightning cable maybe?

Canon has a free app for your phone called Canon Camera Connect that will handle the transfer. Check to make sure Canon Camera Connect works with the 6D.

Since I have an Android phone, and a Canon T8i, I use an app called Camera Connect and Control. It works on both my phone and my Samsung tablet.

If you still want to go wireless, I'd suggest deleting your current wi-fi settings from your camera and setting up a Bluetooth connection, and pairing your camera that way. If you do, remember to disable your Bluetooth connection when you turn your camera off. Otherwise, it will continue to try to pair, even when your camera is off and will drain your battery.

Steve Thomas

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Nathan,

Does your transfer have to be done wirelessly?

Another option might be to tether your phone to your camera with a wired connection.

Your manual should tell you what kind of USB cable you need. You'll also probably need a short cable to go from the end of the USB cable to your phone.

I have an Android phone and use an OTG (on the go) cable.

If you have an iPhone, you might need a Lightning cable maybe?

Canon has a free app for your phone called Canon Camera Connect that will handle the transfer. Check to make sure Canon Camera Connect works with the 6D.

Since I have an Android phone, and a Canon T8i, I use an app called Camera Connect and Control. It works on both my phone and my Samsung tablet.

If you still want to go wireless, I'd suggest deleting your current wi-fi settings from your camera and setting up a Bluetooth connection, and pairing your camera that way. If you do, remember to disable your Bluetooth connection when you turn your camera off. Otherwise, it will continue to try to pair, even when your camera is off and will drain your battery.

Steve Thomas

OK! Thanks!

Announcements