cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos m50 + sigma 18-35 blurry photos

NickSlav
Contributor

I have an issue with my m50. i made a studio shoot with sigma 18-35 with original canon adapter (manual mode iso200 1/80 f2.8) with constant video light, and i noticed that raws miss detalization and they have poor quality(((( Leens have been tested on many bodies and it works fine. Canon DPP show focus point on face. What is the problem can be?

Screen DPPScreen DPP

Screen DPP 2Screen DPP 2resized to 5000pixelsresized to 5000pixels

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are you shooting handheld?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yep  handheld. But on 35 mm with shutter 1/80 it must be sharp. So i dont have issue with hands tremor.

@NickSlav wrote:

Yep  handheld. But on 35 mm with shutter 1/80 it must be sharp. So i dont have issue with hands tremor.

I think your shutter speed is too slow.  Your reasoning is flawed.  Put the camera on a tripod and take test shots.  Take the human factor out of the equation.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

BTW, the resolution of the cropped image is 704 x 735 ,which works out to be an 888 KB image.  There is only so much detail that you will see in a crop that severe.

Its a scrensshot only to show where the focus point was look pic below 

@NickSlav wrote:

Its a scrensshot only to show where the focus point was look pic below 

My mistake.  I could see where the AF point was located in the first image.  I thought you were trying to show us how soft the image appeared to be.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If your complaint is about sharpness, then why are you posting screenshots from an application, instead of the actual images?  Can you post an actual image that includes EXIF data?

Yep

NickSlav
Contributor

Original raw convertet to jpg (with exif)Original raw convertet to jpg (with exif)

Announcements