cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS400D monitor problem

Triciaan
Apprentice
The image does not appear in the screen. Only the image setting information shows. How can I change it back to show the image? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Triciaan wrote:
The image does not appear in the screen. Only the image setting information shows. How can I change it back to show the image? Thanks.

The 400D doesn't have a "live view" mode, so you can see only pictures that have already been taken. To activate that capability, push the small button with the blue arrow head on it. Then use the two buttons to the left and right of the "set" button to select which picture to view.

It sounds as though you don't have a user manual. You can download it from Canon's Web site. Since the 400D is no longer made, it won't be on the page with the current cameras. But poke around in the "support" area and you should be able to find it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Triciaan wrote:

The 400D doesn't have a "live view" mode, so you can see only pictures that have already been taken. To activate that capability, push the small button with the blue arrow head on it. Then use the two buttons to the left and right of the "set" button to select which picture to view.

It sounds as though you don't have a user manual. You can download it from Canon's Web site. Since the 400D is no longer made, it won't be on the page with the current cameras. But poke around in the "support" area and you should be able to find it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks Bob, but it used to work. I had the choice of looking at the screen, or using the eyepiece. I seemed to have turned something off!

My apologies Bob, you are right! I went back to my manual! I had not noted the change when I changed from my Eos film camera because I always use the eyepiece - it was only old age that had me looking for a bigger version. Tricia
Announcements