cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 won't connect to PC via USB cord

1docmorgan
Apprentice

I bought a Canon EOS T7, my desktop has Windows 11.  My Canon will not connect to my desktop using the USB cord.

Anyone else cannot connect their Canon to the computer to upload images?

How can I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, 1docmorgan!

So that the Community can help you better, please let us know whether you've installed the software that came with your EOS Rebel T7 and whether the computer and/or the camera react in any way when you hook them up to each other. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

1docmorgan
Apprentice

There was no software that came with the purchase. 

You're in luck! Our website has all that sort of stuff available for download. CLICK HERE for your camera's software page. It'll all be under the "Downloads" section.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

No software is required in order to connect your camera to a windows or MAC computer.  

Per the user guide, the camera does not come with a USB cable, HDMI cable or CDROM with software.  

What type of cable are you using to connect the camera with.  "One that fits" may not be the right type.  

Are you plugging the USB connection directly into an available USB port.  Connecting to a hub, monitor or adapter is not recommended.  

shadowsports_0-1697736076210.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Welcome, 1docmorgan. I bought a T7 about 6 years ago. I used the USB cable and a card reader. I discovered the card slot in my old laptop...quite by accident. Now I insert the memory card into the slot, listen for the beep and follow the directions which have changed from W10 to W11.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

zakslm
Enthusiast

I found that the T7 will not connect via a USB cord if Wi-Fi/NFC is enabled.  Try Disabling Wi-Fi/NFC or Clear all Camera Settinngs and see if that helps.

Announcements