cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 images missing

alxia_25
Apprentice

Hi there, so today I went to take pictures at a sporting event with my friend. Later on, she asked if she could see the pictures and I told her she could and gave her my Canon Camera Rebel T7. I told her all she had to do was click left. Once I got the camera back, I wanted to look at all my images again but when I hit the slideshow button, the words "No Images" popped up. I thought, "That couldn't be right". Thankfully there was another photographer there with more experience to help me. Despite this, she told me this is something that has never occurred to her. She showed me some images I still had on the camera and said that this was as far as it went back but I know I definitely had more than that, especially farther back. She also said that my pictures were most likely gone gon since some of my pictures had "Cannot Playback Image". I asked another friend of mine in the industry and she also stated that this has never happened to her. I really want all my pictures back and I was literally crying for the past 20 minutes. I have a computer, but nothing to connect my camera to it USB-wise. PLEASE HELP!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

If your friend did indeed delete your images and you haven't taken more photos on that card, there is a chance that they can be recovered. When an image (or any file for that matter) is deleted, the memory it occupies is simply marked as able to be written to again, so the data is still there and available until its overwritten. Some memory card makers include recovery software either on the disk or available via download from their web site.

What troubles me is your comment "Cannot Playback Image". This suggests that your card may have become corrupt. If that is the case, you still may be able to rescue some but not all of your images with your cards OEM recovery software or free software from the web. I've never had a card problem, but I have used software to recover computer drives, and for the most part, it was successful, albeit tedious.

If you plan on trying to recover, you will need a card reader that connects to your computer via USB, or maybe your computer has a built-in card reader.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Looks like your friend hit the trashcan to review the images.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I agree with kvb. Next time, download to a thumb drive and give it to the other person to view. Hate that happened.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

If your friend did indeed delete your images and you haven't taken more photos on that card, there is a chance that they can be recovered. When an image (or any file for that matter) is deleted, the memory it occupies is simply marked as able to be written to again, so the data is still there and available until its overwritten. Some memory card makers include recovery software either on the disk or available via download from their web site.

What troubles me is your comment "Cannot Playback Image". This suggests that your card may have become corrupt. If that is the case, you still may be able to rescue some but not all of your images with your cards OEM recovery software or free software from the web. I've never had a card problem, but I have used software to recover computer drives, and for the most part, it was successful, albeit tedious.

If you plan on trying to recover, you will need a card reader that connects to your computer via USB, or maybe your computer has a built-in card reader.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Hi there, thank you so so much! I think the deletion was the case here and I’ve tried recovering with disk drill and later when I realized it was $89, I said NO THANK YOU, and moved to recuva. Despite this, disk drill happened to find 1.2k files while the recuva found I want to say 400 or so. I want to find a recovery software that does the same as disk drill, finding all my pictures but obviously at a lower cost. Also after I recover, can I go back a take my pictures like normal? What steps would I have to take to avoid a deletion like this again? Thank you for your time, have a blessed day!

Hi.

1. Many SD card manufacturers have recovery software. 

2. See page 229 of your camera manual:

Screenshot 2024-03-20 081331.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements