cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 SD Card "Cannot Be Accessed" Message

lala27d
Contributor

I just bought the canon t7 and i have a question  why this is coming up? I just bought a brand new sd card never used. Please help!! thank you in advance!

0249045B-7577-4F56-B118-1AABF0BBAF8B.jpeg

17 REPLIES 17

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

For this kind of thing there are three scenarios that come to mind:
1. The write protect switch on the SD card is set to read only - preventing the camera from being able to write to or format the card.  This switch is located on the long edge of the card opposite the diagonal corner.  To write to the card the little switch should be positioned at the top of the slot.

2. You are using a card that is counterfeit, this is more likely when you buy on-line or from some outlet stores.  Always get cards from reputable retailers.

3. You are using a micro-SD card with an adapter.  These are plagued with issues because of the extra set of contacts involved with the adapter.  You should be using a full sized SD card.

If the first one doesn't work, I would suggest trying another card to eliminate an issue with the camera

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

thank you so much!

Since your camera is new have you formatted the SD Card. Also is the Write Protected switch if its on the camera cannot store any images on the SD Card. Make sure the Write Protected switch is off and try to format the SD Card.

-Demetrius

40D, 5D IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Demetrius:
It is a good idea to read previous replies before wading in...  If  you did you would see that this has already been addressed.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Sorry about Trevor my post got deleted for some reason. I posted my original comment before you did.

-Demetrius

40D, 5D IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

No worries Demetrius - I know how that can work, and can be both confusing and frustrating! 🙂

cheers, TREVOR

image.jpg

would this be a good one to try?

Yes that would be a good card. It all depends on what you're using your camera for. Are you using it for stills or for video. If your doing stills smaller cards are better if the card were to fail. Larger and faster cards are better for video. I also recommend carrying around extra SD Cards.

-Demetrius

-Demetrius

im just doing stills.i just wanna make sure i buy the right card 

Announcements