cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Over 1000 pictures missing

BellTheories
Apprentice

I was on a trip out of the country and I took about 1000-2000 photos. When I get on the airplane ride back home I look at my camera and all of the photo I took are gone. My camera is an EOS Rebel T7. How do I get all of my pictures back?

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Question about the memory card. Is it a full-size card or a microSD with adapter?  Only full-size cards are recommended.  What is the size of the card?

Before getting on the plane, did you at any point review any of the pictures you took?  Are you sure they were captured?

Get a card reader. Remove the card from the camera, put it in the card reader and connect that to your computer.  Can you see any of the pictures?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I review my photos periodically with the T7 screen. Use a card reader and use a full size card. Don't forget to format a new card. BTW, I used a USB cable then moved to a card reader. Accidentally discovered a card slot in my old and new laptops. I insert the card and follow directions to download. Link is an example of a card reader: https://lancasterarchery.com/products/muddy-crv43-sd-card-reader.

Edit: Some might have other suggestions here. The outdoor stores have a card reader that is used to check photos on trails cameras set up in the woods, etc. Link is an example:

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Did your camera pass through an x-ray machine or explosive device scanner?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The airport scanners do not have any effect on SD memory cards.

Best advice......

" Are you sure they were captured? Get a card reader." Check the SD on your computer. If they are not there, they are gone but if they do show a file you may need some recovery software. You can find it on the web and some of it is free.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Did your camera pass through an x-ray machine or explosive device scanner?

“ The airport scanners do not have any effect on SD memory cards.

7F84FC11-B8B4-4536-BA4E-B93F39D61807.jpeg

normadel
Authority
Authority

Did you review your photos AT ALL before the time you got to the airport/on the plane? If not, you may not have actually captured ANY images for some reason.  You must look at the card via your computer to see if anything's there. You can't recover what doesn't exist.

As for memory cards....It is a major mistake to entrust a large amount of valuable data to one card. Better to use multiple smaller cards. That way if you DO have a card failure, you have not lost everything.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Did your camera pass through an x-ray machine or explosive device scanner?"

SD cards are not like a HD. Metal detectors don't bother them either. It also seems like the OP's camera is just fine, too, so there is no electronic failure either. It also seems unlikely that an airport scanner and/or metal detector would erase 1000 photos and leave 1000 photos unharmed. This was not the case and there is some other reason.

EB

SD cards are flash media.  The camera also has a plastic body shell, unlike midrange and high end cameras with an alloy chassis.

I suspect the OP is probably using micro-SD cards or SDXC cards.  The OP has not responded to any questions, yet.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"SD cards are flash media.  The camera also has a plastic body shell, unlike midrange and high end cameras with an alloy chassis."

Whatever, that is not why the OP has lost 1000 pictures.

EB
Announcements