does a tamron sp 60-300 lens fit canon eos rebel t7

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Scootermom:

Yes, it does.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Lotus7
Rising Star

The Tamron SP is an "Adaptall" lens.  That means it uses various "adapters" to allow use on various brands of cameras.  For use on a T7 the lens must be fitted with an Adaptall-II EF mount adapter.  If you are buying a used SP 60-300 it may be fitted with any one of the many available adapters. Only the TAM-EOS one will fit the T7. 

It's a manual only "slide zoom" lens produced from 1983 to 2000, so the T7 auto focus and auto aperture functions will not be available.  However Av mode should work with a fixed, pre-set aperture & auto ISO MAY also allow some automatic exposure control function.

Good catch.  I missed the SP designation.  Yes, it's definitely old tech.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Lotus7
Rising Star

Yes, 🙂  It's definitely a lens for someone who has patience and isn't shooting fast sporting events. 

However, it can be interesting and even relaxing to use those old manual lenses on modern cameras.  One is forced to take some time, which can often translate into a better composition. 

For a very small investment in some mount adapters I can now occasionally use my old FD lenses (previously used on a Canon F1) (I have a particular 24 mm F/2.8 FD that is amazingly sharp) and even my old 7S rangefinder lenses including the 50 F/0.95 which at least look impressive on a R5 even if the images are not up to those of a decent RF lens.

Announcements