cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Images Saving to Card in MF, Not in AF

Aandy_12
Apprentice

Hello everybody, my wife just gift me a canon rebel t7 and to be honest I'm new in the world of cameras but is something that I'd like to learn, the camera ask for a SD card and we bought a scandisk adapter with a memory of 128 gb on it .. when I shoot a picture in a AF mode (autofocus) the picture doesn't save in the sd card (I don't understand why) but when I change the mode to MF the pictures save in the memory card ... Is there a problem with the SD card? or I need to go to settings and try another feature ? Please help me with this =D

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What do you mean by a "scan disk adapter" if you mean a micro card with an adapter, get a full size SD card. Canon cameras don't like the micro cards with adapters. But I have never heard of a camera saving an image in one mode, but not the other.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

As mentioned above don't, never ever, use a micro-SD card with adapter. They are notorious for problems. Always use the SD card recommended in your manual. If you did not get a manual or you lost it, another one can be d/l from Canon website.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have the manual as a shortcut on my laptop and on my Android phone for quick reference. I'll get the camera and load the PDF on my laptop and browse to learn more about the T7.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

This is good

shadowsports_0-1672597613721.jpeg

This is bad

shadowsports_1-1672597636485.jpeg

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements