cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Flashing green light and busy message. Stopped working…??

Gream19
Apprentice

I am a newbie to using this camera (Canon Rebel EOS T7). I ve used it for a couple hundred pictures and then I am unable to get the shutter to take a picture. In the view finder, I get a flashing green light with a number 9 next to it. I also get a busy message that flashes, the ISO is 3200 and have it set on the A+ on the dial… Like I said, its work the whole time until Bam…I am not sure if a setting got changed that I can’t figure out? Like I said - total newbie here!

15 REPLIES 15

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Have you got a spare card?  I suggest shutting down the camera, removing and replacing the card.  Turn it on format the card in the camera.  Then try to take a photo.  See if you get the same result.
I is possible you have inadvertently changed a setting.  In that case go to the menu and do a camera reset to factory defaults - the instructions to do so are at P194 in your manual. At this link 

Also, I strongly recommend you view the following tutorial:
(1) Canon R7 Tutorial Training Overview Set Up - Part 1 - Made for Beginners - YouTube

If you are not familiar with DSLR cameras, you might first want to watch the following tutorial:
Learn Photography [Full Course] by Australian Geographic Photographer Chris Bray - YouTube

Also, make yourself familiar with your camera's manual, it is a wealth of information on how to use your camera specifically.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

The OP has the Rebel T7 not the R7.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Thanks Demetrius.  I did type in T7 in the search for the video, but obviously missed that it was actually offering the R7!

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your memory card full? Try another empty card.

Nope, I switched that out and I also changed batteries… didn’t change. Thx

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have a T7 and, so far and knocking on wood, no problems that are caused by the camera. The operator is a different story. Let us know what you find. Also, download the manual, go through it with camera in hand and learn what the T7 can do.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Good thought - I will Thanks

What kind of SD cards are you using. Full Size or a Micro SD Card in an adapter. It's best to discontinue the use of an adapted Micro SD Card. The camera wasn't designed to use it. Also what size SD Card are you using. It's best to use 32GB SDHC cards. Use of a larger 64GB or SDXC Cards causes problems with lower end cameras. So stick with 32GB Class 10 SD Cards. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Gream19 wrote:

I am a newbie to using this camera (Canon Rebel EOS T7). I ve used it for a couple hundred pictures and then I am unable to get the shutter to take a picture. In the view finder, I get a flashing green light with a number 9 next to it. I also get a busy message that flashes, the ISO is 3200 and have it set on the A+ on the dial… Like I said, its work the whole time until Bam…I am not sure if a setting got changed that I can’t figure out? Like I said - total newbie here!

Your descriptions are consistent with taking photo of subjects that are too close to the camera in a poorly lit environment, at least poorly lit for the camera to function.

It also sounds like you could be experiencing issues with your memory card!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements