cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 Weird shadow visible in viewfinder and on EVF

joemd2
Contributor

Hi all I have a shadow to the right of the centre focus point just to the right and down a bit , it been to canon and they said they replaced a part , got it back today and the shadow still there, anyone have the same issue 

13 REPLIES 13

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If you want us to provide meaningful comment, we really need to see what you are talking about. Also, is this in the viewfinder or in the final image?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

It's in the viewfinder when you focus on something 

Thanks for your quick response. Do you see the same issue when you use the LCD at the back?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Oh not sure, will have to have a look when get in from work in the morning and let you know,

I've tried googling etc but no joy 

OK.  If we can eliminate a recorded image and the LCD display, then it must be something specific to the EVF. 
Unlikely, but it could be something to do with the lens, I guess...
What part did they replace? 

cheers, TREVOR

Hi again you can see it in LCD screen and it just says they replaced the finder ass'y

Just so we're all on the same page - does this happen with all of your lenses? Are you using all Canon lenses? Any adapters? Is it just in the camera, or does it also show on your images? What about when you use the Camera Connect App? 

It does it with EF lens as well,

Can't see anything or the images so from,

Not sure if it affecting the focus or anything as never seen it on any cameras in all my years of photography 

Thanks for that info  Joe.  Does it also appear in the EVF now?

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements