cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 1.3.1 Firmware issues after update, camera freezing and buffer slower

caiocarvalhopho
Contributor

Hello everyone, after I made the update to firmware 1.3.1 my R7 lets me down a lot now. Before with 1.2 was all flawless but now every marathon i work my camera freezes like 5-10 times in a morning... and I have to remove the battery. It says: "saving images in memory card with a number on it, usualy 3"and the focus points light up and freeze . Only stop if I remove the battery the camera even doesnt turn off. 

I m used to take a lot of pictures in same day like 30000 or more sometimes. The error 70 message that was supposed to be fixed in this new firmware still appears sometimes and I have to do the same procedure, remove battery put again. And even now I m having some buffer slower readouts... Sometimes I have to wait for it to save the pictures in the card even using JPG Small Low Q setting with all camera adjustments off...

I miss my R7 with the 1.2 firmware that was perfect, but it dont let you downgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.2 (only with a trick that I dont want to risk doing it). 

Please Canon I hope this get fixed with the new firmwares... anyone having problems with 1.3.1 Firmware on the R7?

6 REPLIES 6

joliveira29
Contributor

Thanks for the information, because I have been trying in every way to try to update my EOS R7 and it always blocks during the update attempt.

I can normally load the FIR file, but then it doesn't allow "OK". And I have to turn off the camera to get out of the frozen screen.

From what you say, it was a good thing I wasn't able to update the firmware, but I'm still worried because I'm afraid the same thing will happen when they finally fix the firmware.

If anyone knows a solution to this problem I would appreciate it.

Jose

If I was you and your camera works OK, I wouldnt update

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think 30,000 images in a single day is a LOT.  

I recommend double checking your wireless communication settings.  Make sure they are disabled.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The 1st time I did this error, but then I tried with the wifi and blutooth turned off and it still doesn't connect to the EOS Utility.
However, the camera is correctly recognized in "Image Capture" on the mac, where I configured it to open with EOS Utility and despite opening the software, no menu is active.

@joliveira29 wrote:

The 1st time I did this error, but then I tried with the wifi and blutooth turned off and it still doesn't connect to the EOS Utility.
However, the camera is correctly recognized in "Image Capture" on the mac, where I configured it to open with EOS Utility and despite opening the software, no menu is active.

You should start your new thread to discuss your issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

caiocarvalhopho
Contributor

I turned off the Focus Ring setting I was using (for ISO adjust) and toke this sunday 44000 pictures in a marathon with no issues at all. Maybe was luck i dont know, now its flawless again, until it isnt 🙂

I let every wi fi , bluetooth, lens corrections everything off. But it works ok with corrections on but i can have buffer problems with corrections on. Its a great camera, I love it.

Announcements