cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 mkII - changing power source

aquagen
Apprentice

Hi all!

How can i make camera power supply from external source? For example, if i want to do some long videos i want to do with socket power or power bank?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It can. 😃  You can either power the camera, or charge the battery, but not both at the same time.

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R6 Mark II : Using a USB Power Adapter to Charge/Power the Camera (star...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Your battery or charger has to have a USB-C PD port that outputs 45W. See the following article that references this (specifically for the original R6, but the spec hasn't changed):
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART177807 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

If you're indoors, Canon has a USB C /ac adapter.

If you need something for the outdoors, a USB- C PD or v-mount are your best options.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. 

OK, one options is ac adapter.

What is USB- C PD? Can i do it with ordinary power bank (like 20000mah)?

Your battery or charger has to have a USB-C PD port that outputs 45W. See the following article that references this (specifically for the original R6, but the spec hasn't changed):
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART177807 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@aquagen wrote:

Hi all!

How can i make camera power supply from external source? For example, if i want to do some long videos i want to do with socket power or power bank?

Are you looking to power the camera using the USB port?  I don’t think the camera allows for that. You can charge batteries using the USB port, but I do not think you can use the camera at the same time.

You might want to look into the Canon AC adapter and DC battery eliminator.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It can. 😃  You can either power the camera, or charge the battery, but not both at the same time.

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R6 Mark II : Using a USB Power Adapter to Charge/Power the Camera (star...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

@Stephens post is correct.  My PD is 45w, 9.0v and 3A.  The R5 C is currently the most power hungry device in Canon's MILC line up.  😀

Don't skimp.  Mine fits in a shirt or coat pocket.  They also sell small V-Mounts now with a belt clip.  Make sure you use the cable relief attachment.  If the R62 doesn't come with one, put the camera into a small rig cage.  You will bump the connection, pull it out unintentionally etc unless you are on a tripod.      

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements