cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 customize dials control ring with holding meter. btn not working on some options

ludoloco
Apprentice

I have a EOS R6 with a RF 35mm F1.8 IS Macro STM Lens.

When I go menu -> customisation -> 3 -> customise dials and select the control ring I have options to change Tv, ISO, Av etc. You can pick to use the "hold meter. btn", but this is not working for all options. When I pick WB, Color temp or Picture style, they are not working while holding the meter. btn. They are working when you select these options without holding the meter. btn.

When I pick let's say ISO+hold meter btn it is working as intended. But holding the meter. button with WB,Color temp or picture style is not working for me. I chose different Mode dials, M, AV, Automatic, none of them is working.

I guess this is a bug? or is this intended behaviour?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you save images as JPG, RAW, or both?

Lots to unpack here, and not enough info to attempt to reproduce your issue.  You’ve described perhaps a half dozen different scenarios.  Please describe how to reproduce the issue for just one scenario, and then we can move on from there.

Please describe what shooting mode, drive mode, exposure settings, AF Mode, AF points, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

• Camera: EOS R6
  • Firmware: 1.8.1
  • Lens: RF 35mm F1.8 IS Macro STM Lens (AF on, Stabilizer on)
  • Shooting mode: Manual (M)
  • Drive mode: Single shooting
  • AV=F4.0, TV=1/125, ISO=auto
  • AF mode: Spot AF
  • Image quality: JPEG-L (rec. to multiple)
  • White balance: AWB
  • Picture style: Auto

I set the following:

IMG_4807.jpeg

The control ring on the lens works:

IMG_4811.jpeg

Is set the WB with the meter. btn like this:

IMG_4809.jpeg

When I hold the meter. btn and dial the ring nothing happens. To be clear I assume this is the meter. btn (at the bottom front, near the lens):

IMG_4810.jpeg

When I set AV+meter. btn, like this:

IMG_4812.jpeg

Changing the aperture value is working while holding the button (so that rules out the button is broken).

Hope this is enough to reproduce my issue.

keithberube
Apprentice

Greetings: I was attempting to solve a similar issue and came upon this older thread. I was attempting to use the control ring for exposure compensation but it wasn't working for me, yet WB and ISO adjustments were working fine.

The issue for me was I had the camera in manual and there was nothing for the camera adjust to effect exposure. My solution is to set ISO to Auto but I could have just as easily automated shutter speed or aperture or any combination of these for the ring to work as intended.

I believe your issue is WB was set manually and the fix, therefore, would be to change the setting for WB to auto and the control ring should then work with a half-press.

Hope this helps.

Announcements