cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Not capturing all images on both SD cards

Freeze_Frame
Apprentice
I have the R6 and have had this issue a three times recently. When recording S2 sized images, in Slot 2, it doesn't record the same amount of images that Slot 1 records in RAW. Initially, I thought it was the card, so I threw one away, but it did it again yesterday. It skipped from 1318.jpg to 1755.jpg while the other card recorded all of the images in RAW. I haven't done any troubleshooting yet  because I just figured out that it probably wasn't the card. Any thoughts before updating to 1.6.0 firmware?  Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I would update to the 1.6.0 firmware in any case - you should always have the latest FW available.  Since the R6 uses dual SD cards, how about swapping them around and taking a few test shots?  That will tell you if it is a specific card issue.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you for your input!  I'll will update the firmware today.  Each time it's done this, I was photographing the finish of a running race, 700+ images... RAW for me and S2 for the client.  It went 300+ image without issue so I imagine I won't figure out for sure if it's a card issue until the next race. Thanks for your time!

It may be a buffer issue..  If you were shooting at high speed over a period of time, the buffer may have prioritized the RAW image and was prepared to sacrifice the JPGs (that can be created from them) in order to let the new RAW images have a clear path.  It's conjecture, but still...

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What type, brand, and storage capacity cards are you using?  I would only use UHS-II cards in the R6, and I would try to make them match up in storage capacity, too.

I image that bursts could be an issue, too, especially if you completely fill the internal buffer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements