cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark ll No audio on playback via HDMI port or headphone jack

dbcanon
Apprentice

I am using an external monitor with the R6 Mark ll and I can't get any audio during the playback.

I have used an external monitor using the HDMI port and get audio during recording, through the headphone jack in the monitor. However, when I play back any clips I don't get any audio, either through the monitor or camera headphones ports. 

I have also used my iPhone as an external monitor, using the DJI RavenEye and don't get any audio on playback there either.

Is there any way to get audio during playback?

The only way I managed it was to unplug the monitor and playback through the screen on the back of the camera and plug headphones into the camera port. There has to be a better way other than unplugging all the cbales each time to play clips for audio.

#r6 #r5

1 REPLY 1

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

dbcanon,

I have a T8i.

At one point in my manual, it says that when an HDMI cable is plugged in, no sound will be output. At another point in the manual, it says that when plugged into a television, you can only adjust the sound using the volume control on the TV set, you can't adjust the sound on the camera.

Steve Thomas

Announcements