cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II won't update firmware

lazya
Contributor

My camera will not update the firmware 1.30. It just restates the camera without updating 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

lazya
Contributor

It finally updated! Thanks all! I removed the battery grip, put the FIR. on both extreme Pro cards. And now this time it is updating for some reason; I had already tried this before.Anyway, Happy that it finally worked. 

View solution in original post

Ah, I wonder if it was the battery grip being attached? Do you recall if the other cameras you had updated successfully had accessories attached?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

How are you updating the firmware? With an SD card? Or via software on a computer?

--
Ricky

lazya
Contributor

SD card

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Is the file on your SD card using an .FIR extension?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

lazya
Contributor

I've updated my other cameras without incident, this new R6ii will not update. 

What mode do you have the camera in? And when does the camera restart? At the point of powering it on, or are you able to navigate to the Firmware update menu, and select OK?

--
Ricky

lazya
Contributor

P mode. It will go to the screen asking me if I want to update the camera to 1.3.0. It then hesitates and then will restart. 

@lazya wrote:

P mode. It will go to the screen asking me if I want to update the camera to 1.3.0. It then hesitates and then will restart. 

While it's hesitating, do you have a grayed out "OK" selection option to the right of Cancel? If so, tap OK (even though it's gray).

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

lazya
Contributor

I've tried 3 different cards. I think I will wait a week when I have more time to troubleshoot this.

Thank you for your time Ricky

For SD cards, be sure to be using full-sized ones from reputable brands.  Micro-sized cards that require an adapter can lead to all kinds of issues.

--
Ricky

Announcements