cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II videos won't play on mobile

SWlenne
Apprentice

I've been making quite a lot of videos with my camera lately. However when i transfer these videos to my phone, they don't play and give the error videocodec not supported. They do play on PC. How do i get the videos to play? I have an android in case this is important.

EOS R6 Mark II  

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, SWlenne!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your mobile device (i.e. Android or iOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@SWlenne wrote:

I've been making quite a lot of videos with my camera lately. However when i transfer these videos to my phone, they don't play and give the error videocodec not supported. They do play on PC. How do i get the videos to play? I have an android in case this is important.

I don't think Androids player supports the MP4 files that the R6 mark II produces, hence the "codec" error. If you use the Google Play Store, you might want to download the VLC app and give it a try, I think it is free. I've never used it on my Android devices, but I use it on my PC. The PC version has an export for use on Android (with various resolutions including HD), so that is another option.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements