cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II Unable to Get AF through SIRUI Adapter

TXMack
Contributor

I have been a canon user for 15 years, Im no stranger to things canon and I'm fairly smart 😕

Purchased an adapter  SIRUI ef lens to canon RF mount adapter- so that I can use my current selection of lenses.

mounted lenses- ensured they were not in manual focus.. I cannot get AF.  I have gone through the menu (AF:1 and my only option is M)  I called B&H and we did a reset, still only M focus.  I opted to do a firmware update.  the r6 Mark ii doesn't seem to have a .FIR . so maybe its so new that it is still on v 1.0.0??

Im so bummed that I cannot get the focus thing figures out.. any suggestions?

update:!!!

I went to my camera store and got the canon version of the adapter and everything works perfectly now! Thank you guys for all of your health and great insight. I too, am surprised that this was even sold to me to begin with in conjunction with this camera and canon lenses.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Hello TXMack I recommend that you try the Canon EF/EF-S to RF Mount adapter. Your current mount adapter may not have any electrical contacts to allow for AF and aperture control.

-Demetrius

Happy Holidays

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM (Retired), EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D (Retired) & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

View solution in original post

@TXMack wrote:

I have been a canon user for 15 years, Im no stranger to things canon and I'm fairly smart 😕

Purchased an adapter  SIRUI ef lens to canon RF mount adapter- so that I can use my current selection of lenses.

mounted lenses- ensured they were not in manual focus.. I cannot get AF.  I have gone through the menu (AF:1 and my only option is M)  I called B&H and we did a reset, still only M focus.  I opted to do a firmware update.  the r6 Mark ii doesn't seem to have a .FIR . so maybe its so new that it is still on v 1.0.0??

This adapter is made for Sirui Cinema lenses. With your EF lenses, there will be no autofocus abilities. Consider the Canon basic or ring type EF - RF converters over other 3rd party adapters after returning the Sirui 🙂

I'm really surprised that B & H didn't tell you that on your "Support" call. This is from their web site and is at the bottom on the INFO page for this adapter.

Per B & H Web Site.Per B & H Web Site.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Hello TXMack I recommend that you try the Canon EF/EF-S to RF Mount adapter. Your current mount adapter may not have any electrical contacts to allow for AF and aperture control.

-Demetrius

Happy Holidays

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM (Retired), EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D (Retired) & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is this what you have?

It's dedicated to the Sirui Jupiter lenses (whatever they are) and has no electrical contacts.

Screenshot 2022-12-26 192733.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Crazy that this is what the rep on the phone told me to get😖

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

It's dedicated to the Sirui Jupiter lenses (whatever they are) and has no electrical contacts.

John, they are Anamorphic and Spherical cinema lenses. From the looks of their page, mostly Anamorphic.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

@TXMack wrote:

This adapter is made for Sirui Cinema lenses. With your EF lenses, there will be no autofocus abilities. Consider the Canon basic or ring type EF - RF converters over other 3rd party adapters after returning the Sirui 🙂

I'm really surprised that B & H didn't tell you that on your "Support" call. This is from their web site and is at the bottom on the INFO page for this adapter.

Per B & H Web Site.Per B & H Web Site.

Newton

They were the ones that recommended that to me!!! I’m going to try the canon OEM tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞

Announcements