cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II Exposure Compensation in FV Mode

spiveydon
Contributor

I have a Canon R6 Mark II and am trying to learn to use the FV mode.  The only problem I have is that I cannot access exposure compensation in my viewfinder.  I can access TV, AV, & ISO but not exposure compensation.  I have seen tutorials that show exposure compensation can be accessed in FV mode, but I cannot make it work for me.  Any suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Here is a just released YouTube video on that topic.  Not sure how well he explains setting it up, though.  He opens menus but does not tell you how he got there, or where he is at.  Not a fan.

https://youtu.be/85T--N0TnUI  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hmm.  The video was starting play for near the end, which is where I was when I copied the link.  I backed up the playback to where be begins talking about Fv Mode.  I recopied and repasted the link.  Now it seems to start several seconds before the actual Fv mode segment.

Personally, I do not like Fv mode.  I do 99% of my handheld shooting in Manual mode with ISO Auto, and the [SET] button configured for Exposure Compensation.  Try it.  You’ll like it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

spiveydon
Contributor

Thanks for your response and the link.  I too am a Manual mode person.  I just was exploring the FV mode to see if there is something new that I am missing.  I will try the Set button configured to Exposure Compensation.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements