cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II AF unavailable when using external monitor

MasonBentley
Apprentice

The R6 Mkii NEEDS a firmware update to allow recording to the card and have the LCD screen and an external monitor on at the same time. I cant use autofocus on the R6 Mkii with an external monitor because the LCD screen turns off with the external monitor on. The monitor doesnt have external recording and I need to use internal recording on an SD card. It makes no sense why you cant record internally AND have the LCD screen and external monitor on at the same time. It makes the monitor almost useless.

#firmware #canonr6mkii

1 REPLY 1

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MasonBentley,

We appreciate feedback on updates and changes customers would like us to make to our products and services. We have a team that documents and handles customer feedback. I have already alerted them to this forum post. If you want to contact them directly in the future they can be reached by going to our website HERE and selecting Feedback in the top right corner of the site. We do take customer suggestions and feedback into consideration when we are updating our products and processes.

We are not notified to future software, firmware, or hardware updates prior to them being officially announced by Canon. If a firmware update is released for the camera it will be available HERE. If you would like to be notified about updates you can also set your email preferences in your Canon account to receive EOS News.

Announcements