cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 known bugs

JRogers67
New Contributor

Just looking for a place where known bugs are listed. Is there such a thing? I've noticed some peculiar things and don't want to add to the forum noise for something thats already been addresed or even posibly working as intended.

Thanks!

37 REPLIES 37

@Charly_Canon wrote:

Well, if you can provide me with a link to report this common problem on the R5 , I surely will report it. I look forward to your reply

Unsurprisingly, the Support phone number is on the Canon Web site.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Charly_Canon
Occasional Contributor

No one is answering surprisingly enough Smiley Mad

Friends, I did report the problems I've been having to Canon support (via email).  I got a prompt reply from a tech who read my report of problems (as in my earlier post).  He was responsive and polite.  He had no solutions but said he would forward my account of the problems "to engineering".

Quite obviously the R5, wonderful camera that it is, is not *quite* ready for prime time.  I'd advise against relying it as your sole camera on assignment until the problems have been addressed with appropriate firmware updates.  I haven't had a chance to retest with firmware 1.1.1.  But, based on the reponses above, it's probably not bug-free just yet.

Can't wait for that happy moment.  It really is a wonderful camera.

@Charly_Canon wrote:

No one is answering surprisingly enough Smiley Mad

Hello!

We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your camera. We encourage you to reach out to support via your My Canon Account at canon.us/account

If you're outside of the USA, support in your country/region can be found HERE.

Charly_Canon
Occasional Contributor

Thank you

Charly_Canon, Curious, I had only one lock up and I only use the 500L II pretty much exclusively. My lock up occurred when changing with the lens' selector switches, how did your's occur?

@Mike_Jackson wrote:

Charly_Canon, Curious, I had only one lock up and I only use the 500L II pretty much exclusively. My lock up occurred when changing with the lens' selector switches how did your occur?

What does that mean?  Does this mean you. were changing lenses with power turned on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Mike_Jackson wrote:

Charly_Canon, Curious, I had only one lock up and I only use the 500L II pretty much exclusively. My lock up occurred when changing with the lens' selector switches, how did your's occur?

What does that mean?  Does this mean you. were changing lenses with power turned on?

It means exactly what I said. I was changing the lens' switches, i.e. focus limiter, IS modes, etc. 

Charly_Canon
Occasional Contributor
My freeze /lock up/ reboot has occurred when taking photos using various lenses , 300mm f2.8 mkii, 500 f4 mkii ,RF 70-200mm f2.8.

JohnB76
New Contributor
I just had the same thing happen with my EF100-400L. Had to take battery out twice. Shifted to RF70-200 and no issues.