cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 - does not connect to image.canon - always giving Err127

shailesh_raut
Apprentice

I have tried setting up image.canon multiple times and I always get message that setup is complete and stop/start the camera to start the photo upload automatically. (send photo automatically is enabled)

Any ideas what is going wrong?

official instruction is this - to try again to establish wi-fi connection. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

phoelscher
Apprentice

FIX.

Had same error initially. Changed Wifi to another one in the R5C's list of networks (some said 2chs, some 11chs, the one that worked had "44Chs") I also enabled TCP/IPv6 when asked. After restarting camera, I could finally upload straight to Gdrive. Transfer did take a good while though... 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

JohnLobban
Apprentice
I talked with Canon support. They are aware of an issue with mesh routers (my Linksys AX6000 is a mesh router) but they don’t seem to have a grasp on what the issue is. Following testing with different routers, I don’t believe it’s a WiFi issue at all, but rather how Canon handles the file transfers between the camera and their cloud service. The camera connects to WiFi and is able to initiate an email where the user authenticates the camera to the Canon cloud. So, WiFi is working! — I believe the method Canon uses to transfer files to their cloud is being blocked by some routers as suspicious activity. Canon needs to look into the issue from that perspective.

tlinn
Contributor

I have experienced the exact issue described in this thread. My R5 throws an Err 127 when trying to connect to image.canon through my local wifi network. The R5 does successfully connect to image.canon through my iPhone's wifi hotspot—even though the iPhone is connected to the exact same local wifi network.

The solution for me (or workaround, depending on how you look at it) is to connect the R5 to my router's guest network. I can't explain why this works but connecting this way has completely resolved the problem. Hopefully, it does the same for everyone else experiencing this issue.

One thing to be aware of when using your wifi guest network is that you will not be able to connect your R5 to computers on your local network. Should you wish to use EOS Utility to control the camera or wirelessly transfer files across your local network (which is much faster than going through image.canon), you will have to switch the R5 back to your normal [non-guest] wifi login.

sslukovenkov
Contributor

I have the same issue. I had no problem with RP, R and R6 though. I tried R5 via ipad as a hotspot and there no issues uploading images to Image.Canon via camera. Probably router may be the issue plus Canon R5.

SSL

kbleicher32
Apprentice

Curious if there has been any resolution?  I'm having the same problem with my new R5.  I've seen other mention of this being tied to the mesh network not being able to perform the file transfer (Google's 1st gen in my case).   Like others I can connect to the network, but just can't manage the file transfer unless I bypass my mesh with a tethered phone.  Thanks

JohnLobban
Apprentice

Update. Still not fixed. I can’t believe Canon, after a year and a half, has not addressed this problem. I have a Linksys AX6000 WiFi router at both home and work and the R5 file transfer doesn’t work at either location. 

kbleicher32
Apprentice

I've been exchanging email with Google / Nest, and as I suspected they suspect Canon is using a non-standard port for the file transfers.   Has anyone determined the port numbers used by the file transfer process?  Canon?  Any help from them directly?   Once we know the port number the router can be configured to allow that operation....

phoelscher
Apprentice

FIX.

Had same error initially. Changed Wifi to another one in the R5C's list of networks (some said 2chs, some 11chs, the one that worked had "44Chs") I also enabled TCP/IPv6 when asked. After restarting camera, I could finally upload straight to Gdrive. Transfer did take a good while though... 

Mylerna
Apprentice

Has there been any update on this? I just bought a Canon EOS R5 and am having the same problem.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What FW is your R5 running?

Tell us more about the wireless network you are connecting to?  Is it 2.4 or 5G?  What are its DNS settings?  Are you able to connect to a mobile device successfully?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Mylerna
Apprentice

Version 2.0
Our connection supports 2.4 and 5G - we tried both, but no dice
DNS Settings - that I'll have to ask my tech husband tonight 🙂
Mobile device connects beautifully.

Announcements