cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 - does not connect to image.canon - always giving Err127

shailesh_raut
Apprentice

I have tried setting up image.canon multiple times and I always get message that setup is complete and stop/start the camera to start the photo upload automatically. (send photo automatically is enabled)

Any ideas what is going wrong?

official instruction is this - to try again to establish wi-fi connection. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

phoelscher
Apprentice

FIX.

Had same error initially. Changed Wifi to another one in the R5C's list of networks (some said 2chs, some 11chs, the one that worked had "44Chs") I also enabled TCP/IPv6 when asked. After restarting camera, I could finally upload straight to Gdrive. Transfer did take a good while though... 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have you upgraded the camera's FW to 1.1.1?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

R Error messages:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART172669

Likely something to do with a setting, WI-FI or your ISP.  

Suggestions:

Verify FW version

Reset the camera to defaults

Reboot your modem, router or gateway

Reconnect and test again

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the response!

I checked the release notes of this FW upgrade but did not see anything related to my issue. Later I did an upgrade of FW as it helps other things 🙂

Suggestions:

Verify FW version - updated

Reset the camera to defaults - done

Reboot your modem, router or gateway - done (camera actually says connection is complete. Please make off/on the camera so that trasnfer starts)

Reconnect and test again - done

no luck!

Regards

Shailesh

Reset the camera back to factory defaults, and delete any Wi-Fi configurations that you may have defined in the camera.  Also, when you make your first connection, use the default name for the camera.  Do not rename it until you have established a connection.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

masonmark
Apprentice

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any solution to this problem. We have 2 EOS R5 cameras and have tried extensively to make image.canon auto-upload work. It simply does not work for us, on either R5.

We've reset to factory settings, and followed the set up process more than ten times, using 3 different Wi-Fi routers. We've re-started the upload process (by disconnecting from Wi-Fi, re-connecting, navigating into "Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Connection", ttapping the cloud icon, and then following the prompt "To send images automatically, turn camera off and on again."

This does make it start *trying* to upload images, but in 100 tries we only saw the camera upload even 1 photo successfully 11 times. 89 times, 0 success. And 100/100 times, it got Err127 before sending all images.

You can tell when it is going to fail if, after turning the camera on and off again as prompted, you then navigate to "Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Connection" and tap the cloud icon.

If it is working, it will say something like:

Sending...

File name IMG_XXXX

Images remaining 23

But, if it is going to fail, it will just say:

Sending....

File name 

Images remaining

We tried very hard to make this feature work, but it simply doesn't work at all in our experience. (Would be interested to hear from anybody it DOES work for, actually, just to know if it works for anybody.)

@masonmark wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any solution to this problem. We have 2 EOS R5 cameras and have tried extensively to make image.canon auto-upload work. It simply does not work for us, on either R5.

We've reset to factory settings, and followed the set up process more than ten times, using 3 different Wi-Fi routers. We've re-started the upload process (by disconnecting from Wi-Fi, re-connecting, navigating into "Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Connection", ttapping the cloud icon, and then following the prompt "To send images automatically, turn camera off and on again."

This does make it start *trying* to upload images, but in 100 tries we only saw the camera upload even 1 photo successfully 11 times. 89 times, 0 success. And 100/100 times, it got Err127 before sending all images.

You can tell when it is going to fail if, after turning the camera on and off again as prompted, you then navigate to "Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Connection" and tap the cloud icon.

If it is working, it will say something like:

Sending...

File name IMG_XXXX

Images remaining 23

But, if it is going to fail, it will just say:

Sending....

File name 

Images remaining

We tried very hard to make this feature work, but it simply doesn't work at all in our experience. (Would be interested to hear from anybody it DOES work for, actually, just to know if it works for anybody.)

I do not recomment downloading large numbers of files using the built-in Wi-Fi because it slow.  Connecting via USB, or removing the memory card and using a card reader is MUCH faster.  

The best use for wireless connections is remote shooting, where you download eah captured image one at a time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Uploading worked fine from my R5 for a week and then I replaced my older Cisco RV220W router with the popular Linksys AX6000 Mesh Router. After that upgrade, nothing would upload to the Canon cloud. I've tried everything suggested here, resetting the camera and communication, and deleting the camera from the cloud app before reinstalling. I even deleted the last few photos from the cloud that did upload. It shows how any files are ready to upload but nothing happens and it eventually kicks out of that screen and back to the communication options page. Each time I get Err127. I'm using the old Cisco RV220W as a hotspot behind the Linksys Mesh Router and when I connect the camera to the Cisco WiFi, it still doesn't work. So, the problem is not related to the WiFi connection; it's a problem with communications through the Linksys router.

If I set my iPhone 12 as a hotspot, the camera will connect to it and transfer images to the cloud with no issues. Of course, with only one bar of cellular signal, that takes about 10 minutes per image. It seems many are having this issue. Canon needs to fix this or provide us with a workaround within the router settings.

Any suggestions?

Well, that is interesting — I guess yeah, my suggestion would be change your router? It seems like you have 2 routers that have worked, your old Cisco and your iPhone. That is interesting.

I haven't tried this feature for months, just assuming "it totally doesn't work, no point in continuing to try" but if you had a router that reliably worked until you upgraded, it is an interesting clue.

I haven't had it work three days in a row with any router, and I tried with the 4 available to me (ASUS RT-AC68U (old), TP-Link Archer AX11000 (new), my iPhone 11 hotspot, and my Android Pixel 4 hotspot). It failed badly on all of them, always ending up with Err127.

I admittedly didn't try it with the iPhone 12 when I upgraded my iPhone, having already written it off completely. I guess I will try that next weekend though.

Mnkhan
Apprentice

I am getting the same error on EOS R5. I spent days with Canon support without any luck.
Canon came up with this brilliant but failed idea. Let's hope they fix it soon.

Don't look for Canon to fix this, ever. The fact is, Canon does not know how to implement a straightforward, easy-to-use WiFi file transfer system. They end up with complex, arcane camera settings that frustrate users to the point where they give up.. I've given up on Canon and use CamRanger or Cascable.

Announcements