cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 LCD screen focus adjustment for blurry vision

Mmreflections
Apprentice

Is there anyway to adjust the focus on the display screen when taking photos? I wear contacts to see far away and usually look thru the viewfinder on my old canon 5d. I just upgraded to R5 and want to look at the back display screen, But now that I’m 42 I can’t see close up when wearing contacts. I noticed the display screen on back of camera is a little blurry to my eyes. Anyway to adjust that focus for my vision?

I know on the viewfinder you can adjust focus but I’m asking about the display screen. Thank you!! 

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, that is not possible to adjust focus on the viewing screen, only the viewfinder has this option.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Bob is certainly right about LCD focus adjustment.  Its not possible. I think you can magnify the LCD.  For the menus and possibly Live View. I don't wear glasses when I shoot.  I'm fortunate my uncorrected vision still goes between near and far without difficulty.  I like glasses for computer work.  Helps with eye strain.  For Live View, you might try a no line bifocal. 👓 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Anonymous
Not applicable

On my cameras, I have the viewfinder dioptric adjustment set so I can see clearly without glasses, and I use reading glasses to view the screen.

johnrmoyer
Whiz
Whiz

I configured the viewfinder to show me nearly everything since I would need to put on reading glasses to see the fold out screen. I only use the fold out screen if I am using a tripod. I sometimes press the info button to take the histogram off of the viewfinder or put it back on. I have customized the viewfinder information. Keeping the fold out screen closed also saves battery. I also change menu settings while looking at the viewfinder.

https://cam.start.canon/en/C003/manual/html/UG-03_Shooting-1_0370.html

Announcements