cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Exposure meter splits with exposure bracketing off

BobArcand
Contributor

I have a Canon r5.  When exposure bracketing off, my exposure meter marker suddenly splits from the one line into two, sometime with a narrow gap between the two, and other times quite wide.  I have no idea what causes this, it seems to happen at random.  I then turn off the camera to return to the single exposure meter marker.  Then suddenly, the two markers are back.  I don't know if there is a setting problem or if there is a technical problem with my camera.  Admittedly, I am a couple of updates behind with the camera.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello BobArcand,

There are a couple of things to look at here. I assume that both of these lines are under the exposure level indicator bar that you are describing. The one on top indicates the standard exposure level mark and the one underneath indicates what the actual exposure level is going to be like. When using ISO Auto in Manual mode, if you press the * button and recompose the shot, you can see the exposure level difference on the exposure level indicator compared to when the * button was pressed. You may want to try resetting the camera to default settings settings just as a premeasure to sending it in to our factory service center. You can find the reset in the yellow Wrench Menu #5. There is also the Clear customized settings Menu item in orange camera #3 menu. Doing both of these will reset the camera to default settings. I would also recommend updating the firmware just in case as well. Certainly, if the issues still persist, you can send the camera in to be evaluated.

Announcements