cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Electronic Shutter Mode Continuous Shooting Speed Adjustment?

Kilimanjaro05
Apprentice

When I set the R5 into electronic shutter mode and use continuous shooting it appears that the images are taken at 20 frames per second when I would only like a few frames to be taken. Will tapping lightly on the shutter button reduce the number of continuous frames? Any other suggestions? 

2 REPLIES 2

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@Kilimanjaro05 wrote:

When I set the R5 into electronic shutter mode and use continuous shooting it appears that the images are taken at 20 frames per second when I would only like a few frames to be taken. Will tapping lightly on the shutter button reduce the number of continuous frames? Any other suggestions? 

For me, when in Electronic and have Drive Mode set to H+, a tap usually results in 1 to 3 frames, so with a little practice it can be done. Fortunately, I don't have to be silent for most of my work, so Electronic 1st-curtains 12fps is plenty enough for me to get the sequences I like and I can get singles in that mode If I want. It does take some practice no matter which shutter and drive mode you use. You can slow them all down by selecting a different drive speed, but you know that I'm sure.

I haven't explored this option, but you can bind "Drive Mode" to a button. I'm not sure how this works, if it toggles or not, but I see it as an option. When you just want to pop off a shot or two in electronic shutter, change drive modes with the assigned button.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Kilimanjaro05
Apprentice

Thanks for your tips. I wish there were a firmware update that would have a slower speed in electronic shutter mode.

Announcements