cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 wifi connection issues

Glc482
Apprentice

ra seems toHello,

I am having trouble connecting to WIFI on EOS R10 mirrorless to my Android phone. 

I have the needed software app, and the camera connects to phone via bluetooth, but then states that it needs to connect via wifi, which it can not complete.

4 REPLIES 4

Carol2698Hunter
Apprentice

@Glc482 wrote: Ball Sports Gear

ra seems toHello,

I am having trouble connecting to WIFI on EOS R10 mirrorless to my Android phone. 

I have the needed software app, and the camera connects to phone via bluetooth, but then states that it needs to connect via wifi, which it can not complete.

This seems to be a common problem for some users who have updated their camera firmware recently. There are several possible causes and solutions for this issue, such as:

• The camera firmware update may have changed the Wi-Fi settings or caused compatibility issues with the phone app. You can try to reset the Wi-Fi settings on your camera and reconnect to your phone using the Canon Camera Connect app. You can also check for app updates on your phone and make sure you have the latest version.
  • The camera and the phone may be using different Wi-Fi bands or channels. You can try to change the Wi-Fi band or channel on your camera or phone to match each other. For example, you can use the 2.4 GHz band or channel 1, 6, or 11 for better compatibility. You can also avoid using crowded or overlapping channels that may interfere with the Wi-Fi signal.
  • The camera and the phone may be too far apart or have obstacles between them. You can try to move closer to your phone or remove any objects that may block the Wi-Fi signal, such as walls, metal, or other devices. You can also check the Wi-Fi signal strength on your camera and phone and make sure it is sufficient.

I hope this helps you fix your Wi-Fi connection issue.

My Wi-Fi connection between the phone and camera seem fine now, but they will not connect via Bluetooth.

What is the purpose of the camera connecting via both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. And if my phone and camera are connecting using Wi-Fi, does it matter that it won't connect via Bluetooth? Thank you!

Glc482
Apprentice

Thanks for your quick response! I was writing on the thread late and didn't realize I started off my question with "ra seems to hello" !

Lol Sorry!

I have reset the connection settings on my camera and the Canon camera connect app is up to date, as I just downloaded it last week when I purchased the EOS r 10. I am only 8 to 10 ft from my router and have checked to make sure it is on the correct band for both the phone and the camera.

I finally connected the camera in the phone via Wi-Fi!

I have another question:

Does the phone stay connected to the camera via Wi-Fi, even after I leave my home, and do I need to go through some more steps to connect the Bluetooth for the phone and camera? Thank you!

Hi Glc482,

The Bluetooth connection is just to help with the initial connection. The camera is then using the Wi-Fi protocol to communicate with your smartphone, but it is not actually connecting to the internet.

Since that's the case, the connection between your camera and smartphone should still work, even when you're away from your home. As long as the wireless settings remain unchanged, the connection should still work.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements