cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 Shooting video in 120 fps but playing back at 29.95

Natechenry
Enthusiast

I use my canon eos r 10 for videos and whenever i shoot in 120 fps for slow motion and upload them to my iPhone through the canon app its imported as a 29.95 fps video. Why? Shouldn’t it be imported as 120 fps?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is due to the size of the file.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Would it be imported as 120 fps if i uploaded the 120 fps clip to a pc rather than my iphone?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Might work that way, yes.  Uploading to a personal youtube channel might be an option also.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

When you play back the video on the iPhone, is the video appearing as 25% speed of normal motion? If so, the video still has all its frames. When you capture footage for slow motion, you’d need to have some target frame rate for playback in mind.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

TimothyBennet
Apprentice

Thank you both for the advice.I'm looking for a writing service online, and while I search, I came across this website, which aids in my coursework completion: https://studyclerk.com/write-research-paper-for-me Additionally, they work rapidly.

Announcements