cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R: increasing image size during review

Gino-Mazzaferro
Contributor

Hi All,  Is there an easy way to enlarge the image size while reviewing without using the touch screen? I would like to enlarge the image while looking through the viewfinder. Is there a button or wheel that could change the image size? 
I know I can use my fingers on the touch screen, but I would prefer to review in the viewfinder 

Thanks

Gino

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Trevor
It seems that once you are in review mode, one presses the "Q" button, and that brings you into magnify mode, and the dial near the shutter button will enlarge/shrink the image.

Thanks for the advice to check the manual.
Gino

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Gino:

Have you checked your manual?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I will. Thanks. hopefully, it will have the answer
Gino

Hi again Gino:

I had a look in the R manual myself and it seems to be not well addressed.  I don't have an R but I tried the R6 and hope this might work.
First find your controls:

To review an image you want the blue triangle on the bottom of the camera body on the right.  This should show the image in the viewfinder.

To magnify, the second button to know is the magnifying glass - this should magnify the image in the viewfinder.  Now, to increase or decrease there should be a variable control.  It may be the bar, or one of the dials (top or back).

See if that works.  You will need to experiment with that.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Trevor
It seems that once you are in review mode, one presses the "Q" button, and that brings you into magnify mode, and the dial near the shutter button will enlarge/shrink the image.

Thanks for the advice to check the manual.
Gino

Glad you found it and were not offended by my suggestion!

It's always my first port of call - so few people look to the manual and yet it often has the majority of the answers that one needs.  One think that could be improved is the cross-referencing and indexing.   I don't usually the hardcopy, I prefer to download the PDF - it may be an update, but one can use the search feature interactively as well.

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements