cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R can't do highspeed continuous shooting with EF adapter

wlr0117
Apprentice

Help!  I recently purchased a Canon R and am using the mount adapter for my EF lenses.  I can not do any high speed continuous shooting!... Is this not possible with the adapter??  I have confirmed the the Dual Pixel Raw is disabled already.  

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using a Canon brand mount adapter? Are you able to select the High-Speed Continuous Shooting drive mode but you only get one shot when holding the shutter button?

Try resetting the camera and custom functions back to default.

817stills
Apprentice

Are you using OEM batteries? I've seen examples of using sub-par batteries, and it seems the high speed shooting capabilities are affected by the limited output of aftermarket batteries. Just something to check!

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

It may be the lens, not the adapter.  Check your manual.  The R5C manual has a list of specific EF lenses which work for high-speed shooting.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@wlr0117 wrote:

Help!  I recently purchased a Canon R and am using the mount adapter for my EF lenses.  I can not do any high speed continuous shooting!... Is this not possible with the adapter??  I have confirmed the the Dual Pixel Raw is disabled already.  

So what does it do, instead?  Does it take no photos, or is it just slow?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements