cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Shutter And Glass Are Both Smashed

daleberry
Apprentice
I have a Canon little mirror M50 that has a smashed shutter on the body. 
Can this be repaired and if so, how much can I expect to pay for such a repair?

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

The EOS M50 is a mirrorless camera not a mirror (DSLR or SLR) camera. You can check with Canon to see if it can be repaired. Repair may exceed the value of the camera. So get a quote FIRST. A new camera may be better but the EOS M is being replaced by EOS R series APS-C cameras. Which uses the new RF-S Mount (RF Mount lens with an APS-C image circle) which has essentially replaced the EF-M Mount. Note RF-S is not a mechanically different mount from RF Mount. There is NO adapter that goes from EF-M to RF. The 2 mounts are incompatible. Unlike EF & EF-S being different mechanically but electrically the same. This prevents EF-S lenses from being mounted to Full Frame, APS-H & EOS 35mm AF SLR cameras. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

I was afraid of the cost exceeding the worth of the camera. My apologies I thought I typed mirrorless. Thanks for your response.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the sensor is what is actually damaged...  its a throw away.  

KEH has used M50 MKII (EX+) for $454 

Can you share a photo with us.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements