cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Mark II shows menu at startup instead of live image

JohnnyD226
Apprentice

I am having an issue with my camera in terms of it not being ready for podcasts. It used to be that when I turned the camera on, it was simply ready to go, nothing had to be done to get it ready to stream. Now everytime I turn it on, it reverts to the camera's menu, no picture is shown just the menu until I pull it out of its stand on my teleprompter, fool with it a bit and then the picture comes through.

Here is the set up, Canon M50 Mark II with a Viltrox 23MM lens ( I also have 2 Sigmas as well) using a Elgato Cam Link 4k connected to my Mac Mini M1. Clean HDMI out. Its a great set up when it works it is just superlative. The Camera is set up for streaming and it works just great. My problem is, once set up, it should just be a matter of turning it on as it was in the past but for some reason, I must have changed a setting or something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JohnnyD226,

To fully trouble shoot this issue we would need a little bit more information. If you have the camera by itself, without any of your additional accessories, does it still go straight to the menu when it powers on? What menu is the camera going directly to?

One quick thing to check would be to clear the settings on the camera. To do that you will need to clear two types of settings. First put the camera into either P, Tv, Av, or M mode and press the Menu button. Go to the fifth page under the yellow wrench icon and select Reset Camera. First select Basic Settings and choose Okay. Once you've done that go back into Reset Camera, select Other Settings, choose Customer Functions(C.Fn), and reset that option. Once you've reset both types of settings check to see if the same thing is happening. 

JohnnyD226
Apprentice

Hazel, Thanks so much I will check it and get back to you shortly. 

Announcements