cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Mark II Error 30 popping up and now I’m missing 100+ photos

Goldbergtyler
Apprentice

I have a M50 Mark II Mirrorless camera and today I was doing a pregnancy announcement photo shoot for a friend and I was using a new SD card and I tested out the card and camera before I left my house and it was fine. and during the shoot, I kept getting the ERROR 30 popping up on the screen several times through out the shoot (this is my first time ever getting this error & I use this camera a lot). I was able to take around 350-400 pictures. But when I got home and uploaded the pictures, I only have 284 and I’m missing a huge chunk of them. Is there any way to recover them? If so - how *praying*

3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority

Recuva for Windows is easy to use but I don't know if it is able to handle CR3 files.

Photorec is more advanced and everything is done in CMD/Terminal. It can handle CR3 files and works with OS X, Windows and Linux. If you try Photorec, make sure you watch some YouTube tutorials first.

Whatever software you use, make sure you don't write anything to the affected card before you have recovered the pictures.

When you are done, low level format the card in the camera. Get rid of the card if you get error 30 again and find that the card  is the culprit.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Also, is this a full size card or a micro card with adapter. The micro cards can fail in unexpected ways on Canon cameras.

Not to mention that there are a lot of counterfeit cards out there, especially microSD cards, which won't perform as expected.

Kevin Rahe
EOS M50 Mark II
Announcements