cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D Adjustment Wheel Has Stopped Working

TheSlideJob
Apprentice

In may I purchased a new eos 90D. Recently the adjustment wheel on top, by the shutter release, has stopped working. Ive tried blowing it out with canned air with no luck. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you purchased it in May 2022 from an authorized Canon dealer it should be under warranty. Contact Canon at 1–800-OK-CANON to arrange a repair. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Ive tried blowing it out with canned air with no luck. Any suggestions?"

Any suggestions, yes, do as John advises. Don't mess with it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

normadel
Authority
Authority

What does "not working mean"? Is it clicking as you turn it but nothing happens, or is it skipping/turning freely with no clicking at all?

I ask because I fixed someone's throwaway 50D with the latter situation. The problem was the rubber tire around the wheel was slipping. Found this out searching the Web. Solution was to lift the tire and carefully put a couple of small drops of glue between tire and wheel. The camea has worked beautifully ever since.

Meaning the shutter speed doesn't change when you turn it. Canon is replacing the camera under warranty. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Now that's service 👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements