cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80D Won't Connect to Phone

fred62s
Apprentice

I'm not sure what the issue is. 

I am trying to connect my 80D which in the past worked perfectly, as recently as a few weeks ago. I recently picked up a R5C and I have been able to connect to my phone without any issues.

When I go back to the 80D, however, I get a connection failed error message on my phone even though the camera shows the connection as successful. Easy connection or network, still won't recognize the camera on my phone even though it has no issues connecting to my mac. 

3 REPLIES 3

fred62s
Apprentice

I take it back. I now can no longer connect to either 80D or R5C via bluetooth or wifi through the Connect app even after clearing camera settings, deleting/reinstalling app, etc. It stalls trying to connect to the camera. 

Bluetooth connections are typically trouble-free.  You just have to tell each device to look for another Bluetooth device.

Make sure Bluetooth is enabled in either camera, and the mobile device is not in an “Airplane” mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Danny

Hi, fred62s!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your mobile device (i.e. Android or iOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements