cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D Video transfer question. I need your expertise!

Ferro
Contributor

Looking for some help, and have been unable to find an answer to my problem. 

I made a video on my 70D. When reviewed in-camera, the video and audio are there.  I transferred it to my PC via A/V Out Digital port. The video plays no problem on Windows Media Player,  however I have no audio. I have audio turned on in my PC. Am I missing something? This is the first video I have made.

I am hoping someone will be kind enough to point me in the right direction, or educate me.

John

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you try transferring the file directly to the computer using the card reader or the data port on the camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I used the data port on the camera via the A/V port. I don't have a card reader, however I am researching what is required so I can buy one. I was also wondering if it will make a difference if I use the HDMI port on my camera. I will try that this evening. Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

John

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The first thought is a bad capture card. Why go through the quality loss of converting for the A/V port?

I didn't realize that I shouldn't use the A/V port on my camera. I have always used that port to transfer my .cr2's with good results. Would it be best to transfer files with the HDMI port? I've been retired for about two years now and have lots of time to learn. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Let's get this clear. The A/V port has two functions. It can provide NTSC/PAL video and audio to an external monitor or it can be used to plug into a regular USB port with a USB mini connector. Exactly which are you using?

I have been using the USB-B port on the camera, and that cord's other end has a USB-A connector which I plugged into my PC. I bought a card reader a few day ago and have been using that with very fast results. The video I originally posted about loads the video/audio correctly now. Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As the others have alluded to, try taking the SD card out of the camera and use a card reader to copy the video files to your computer directly.

I'm currently researching card readers and will buy one shortly. Thanks for the suggestion. I am also going to transfer the file from my camera to the pc using the HDMI port to see if that makes a difference. I need to learn more about shooting, transferring and editing videos. As I said in my post this is the first video I've done, and I would like to broaden my captures of the grandkids and pets. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

John

You need to use the USB data port for file transfer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements