cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D Screen is dark when I change modes

canonkid
Apprentice

Hello....so i am using canon 70d and i have been facing a problem and would like some help

The problem is that when i am changing the modes i'm not able to see the modes on my camera its just dark when i change the modes so anyone can help me out.It would be so much

7 REPLIES 7

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
At the risk of asking a silly question, have you tried tapping the DISP button a few times to see if somethings shows?  It can have a blank or black setting, but tapping the DISP button, wait a few seconds and tap again will cycle you through the different display modes.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Correction, on your model this may be called the INFO button.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

canonkid,

Is your screen dark all the time?

If you press the Live View button, is it still dark?  If you press the menu button, is it still dark?

Steve Thomas

no just when i change the modes its completely dark 

canonkid,

Okay. In the short term, if your Live View still works, it will tell you what Mode you are in up in the top left-hand corner. Change the Mode on your Mode Dial and hit your Set button. Go into Live View and it will tell you what Mode you are in.

For the long-term, a camera reset might be your first step. If that doesn't work a repair stop might be in order.

Steve Thomas

canonkid
Apprentice

yes i know that but its mandotary to show which mode you are in automatically on the screen when changed 

its been showing to me but for the last days when i change the modes its just plain black......

@canonkid wrote:

yes i know that but its mandotary to show which mode you are in automatically on the screen when changed 

its been showing to me but for the last days when i change the modes its just plain black......

In that case, I see two possibilities: 1. camera has developed a fault or 2. an inadvertent setting was activated.

First step would be to reset camera to factory default and clear all custom settings.

See pages 61 and 362 of your camera manual.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements