cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D Err 30

gchik7777
Apprentice

Seeing Err30 on EOS 70d, tried all basic steps but no luck, how do i get it fixed, appreciate help!

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Have you tried resetting the camera back to factory. Also the custom functions back to factory. If it still persists its time to send the camera in for repair. Error 30 means a malfunction of the shutter has been detected. Usually that means its time for a new shutter or new camera. Its best to replace it at this point. I don't believe Canon still repairs it anymore. Or a 3rd party repair shop can repair the camera.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please follow Demetrius' suggestion.  If repair is  needed, try midwestcamera dot com.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Please follow Demetrius' suggestion.  If repair is  needed, try midwestcamera dot com"

Hold on there!  🙄 Check used prices first. You need to know what the repair budget is before you jump in that direction.

It may be cheaper to replace over repair. And it may be a good excuse to upgrade over repair, too. Info is your friend.

But first I doubt resetting the camera will do anything for error 30. However replacing the battery just might. Are you using an off brand battery? Don't do that get a real Canon battery. Neither will cleaning the many contacts unless there is cause to do so. So, the next question, did the camera get dropped or did it get wet?  Even a little drop or a little wet?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements