cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 700D Getting a pinkish hue/tint the background of photos

Tyler_18
Contributor

Im having an issue with my JPEG & RAW photos. They all have a pinkish tint in the background. This has been going on for several months now. No matter what I do, it won’t go away. I have been taking photos the same way for years & have never experienced this before.

I use a Canon Rebel EOS 700D with a macro lens for Product Photography

Firmware is up to date 1.1.5

I have changed & played with every single setting including the White Balance, ISO, AEB & more

I have changed lenses

The photo looks perfect on the camera screen, but when uploaded to my iMac it changes

I have reformatted the SD chip, tried uploading photos with a cable

I use a photo tent with a white PVC or sometimes a white paper background with professional lights. I shoot in the dark with a black wall behind me

As a last resort, I retrieved my old Canon Rebel XTi from the closet. It is set using the same exact settings as on my newer Canon. I don’t get the pinkish tint.

Is my camera damaged? Is there a setting Im missing? Is there a new Firmware update coming?

Thanks in advance for your help. Its driving me crazy

18 REPLIES 18

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The best thing is for you to u/l a sample photo.

"I have changed & played with every single setting including the White Balance, ISO, AEB & more"

Whoa! The second best thing to do is a full reset of the camera. Get it back to Canon default. Menu>Tools>Clear all settings>Clear all Custom settings.

BTW, stop using jpg. It is not helping only Raw. Also it is not a FW problem so don't reinstall it. If you have not yet, d/l DPP4, do that now. You can u/l your photos to it and do the proper evaluation there.

Now after the complete reset, above, set it to P mode. Set ISO 200. Set One shot, not any other focus setting and best to use center focus point. Lens set to AF. The other settings are not important since you will be doing that in DPP4. Go outdoors on a nice sunny day and do a dozen or so test shots of various subjects. Now u/l the Raw images in DPP4. What do they look like? Good or bad. This will tell you for certain.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you! 

I did a complete reset & it did help somewhat. The tint is still there, but not as bad. Snow & clouds is in the forecast for the next few days. I will definitely look into the DPP4 on a sunny day.

Just u/l photos to DPP4. Photos look good.

The pink tint only appears when Im using a white background. If & when I use a black background, the photos look great

Are you using the built-in flash or a speedlite when this happens. If so try without the built-in flash or speedlite. Also please some pictures of the affected pictures.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D, Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM & EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Peter
Authority
Authority

Upload some CR2 files.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The photo looks perfect on the camera screen, but when uploaded to my iMac it changes.”

This sounds like an issue with how the images are being transferred from the camera and stored on the computer. 

How are you transferring files?  How are you viewing the files?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The photos are being transferred via SanDisk. I did try with a cable to see if it made a difference, but it did not. All photos are being stored in iPhoto. 

For the longest time, I thought it was the iMac OS. Then I pulled out my old Canon & didn't have a problem. Im running the latest version of Ventura 13.1. 

Have you tried using a different SD Card to see if your current one is faulty. You could simply have a bad SD Card. I would Recommend trying a 32 GB Full Size class 10 SD Card. DO NOT USE a Micro SD Card in an adapter. I would not recommend getting an SD card larger than 32 GB (SDHC). Digital Rebel cameras don't like them for some reason. Even though the manual states that larger cards (SDXC) are compatible.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D, Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM & EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Tyler_18
Contributor

I did & the tint is still there.

I was using a 16 GB full size class 10 SD card.

Today I upgraded to a 64 GB full size class 10. I love the speed, but there is still a subtle tint. There has been some improvement between replacing the disk & clearing all the custom settings.

Still waiting for a nice day so I can do the DDP4

Announcements