cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Pictures disappeared from SD card

Ranj
Apprentice

Took a tons of pictures of my sister and took that sd card to copy it just disappeared

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, Ranj!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know which Canon camera model you're using what exactly you did with the SD card before the pictures disappeared. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

@Danny wrote:

Hi, Ranj!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know which Canon camera model you're using what exactly you did with the SD card before the pictures disappeared. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

The model name is cannon Eos 6D

As i say i took few pictures of my sister i just connect the SDcarf to my laptop and the SDcard Is empty,i just placed the SDcard back in camera still no pictures 

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

First, what specific SD are you using? 

Edited the following since I just saw your response with extra details...

If the camera itself is not showing any photos on it, was it accidentally reformatted?   If you didn't do a low-level format, there'd probably be a good chance of recovering the photos.   e.g. if you're using SanDisk, there are some recovery software you can use.   Other brands should have similar solutions.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I used SanDisk memory card

I inserted the card there were no photos

Full-sized card? Micro-SD card?  Note that micro-SD cards can lead to all sorts of problems.

I would look into the SanDisk recovery software.  There is usually a folder on the SD card itself that contains that software for both macOS and Windows.  If that's not there either, you should be able to get the recovery software from the SanDisk.  I couldn't provide any links since at this moment there are issues with the SanDisk (Western Digital) web site.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements