cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II shuts off with Godox flash attached

Ezer
Apprentice

I have EOS 6D mark II, it goes off when flash light is attached even when fully charged. I have to remove battery and insert again but won’t stay on for long especially when I’m shooting landscape. I have searched google but I don’t seem to get any solution. 

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What make and model “flash light” are you trying to use?  

The R series bodies have digital hot shoes.  You might need the multi-function flash shoe adapter, AD-D!, to make it work with move conventional on-camera lighting gear.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I’m using a Godox V1c flashlight 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It sounds like he's got a DSLR.  @Ezer, please confirm the product and model of the device you are using with your camera.  Are you using Canon brand batteries in your camera?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I have zero experience with Godox.  I have read some horror stories of over voltage issues and them causing other electrical related issues.   I'll defer to others with more experience with the brand for comments.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements